Links

Friday, March 25, 2016

(1986 Hopps) Brewers Card Art: Series 1

Last summer after rummaging through a closet containing my old sports cards I had collected as a kid, I was inclined to open a random box. The boxes stacked like dried cordwood. I selected the 1986 Topps baseball vintage, a unique set. The nostalgic imagery on musty cardboard combined with the bold typeset and colors intrigued me. This became my muse for what came to be a daily drawing journal. My focused art medium is in graphite, as I try to amalgamate imagery into somewhat of a realistic fashion. The Brewers 1986 Hopps project was a fun escape; working in a way that was completely opposite of my wheelhouse. It was so much fun, that I plan to do a Series Two this summer. You can view the originals at Craft Beer Central located in Boston,Massachusetts. Phil has put together a beautiful establishment, with a grand opening happening the first weekend in April. Series One of the 1986 Hopps Brewers reflects the craft breweries that have impacted my palate and appreciation for their quality, craftsmanship, and avant-garde pursuit toward making great beer. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment