Links

Friday, February 24, 2017

Hopps Series 2: Brewers Art

 When I came up with the idea of doing this Hopps Brewers series two years ago, it was the result of stumbling upon my old sports cards; specifically the 1986 Topps Baseball cards. Secondly, it was a much needed break from an extensive series and exhibitions of my main drawing medium being graphite pencils. After I finished the first series of the Brewers Art I started a graphite drawing series called "Grain to Graphite", as seen below. My latest "Grain to Graphite drawing is a larger realistic drawing in which I staged a still-life reflecting my experiences and images of Funk Factory Geuzeria and the unique work that Levi Funk is doing. During the drawing process I needed a break from the scrutiny of the wondrous, but laborious and challenging raspberries. The remedy was to take a brief intermission. Series Two of the Brewers was spawned. This was also important due to the fact I had experienced new breweries that were taking their craft to the next level and needed to be inducted. There are now a total of 100 Hopps Brewers card art. All of the originals can be viewed at CBC Fenway in Boston, MA. And now... back to the Funk Factory drawing, which I hope to have finished by early June. Cheers!

1 comment: